Graduate Student Representatives (GSR) serve as liaisons between Texas Universities and the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA). This volunteer position offers one graduate student the unique opportunity to advocate for fellow students within the field by serving as their voice on the TSHA Executive Board. As a GSR, you can share student needs and ideas through board meetings and interactions with fellow students across Texas. TSHA Graduate Student Representative Applications are now open through October 20, 2023.
What does a TSHA Graduate Student Representative do?
- Advocate for fellow students within the fields by serving as their voice on the TSHA Executive Board
- Share student needs and ideas through board meetings and interactions with fellow students across Texas
- Attend all TSHA Executive Board meetings
- Network with seasoned speech-language pathologists and audiologists who can serve as mentors
- Gain insight into how TSHA works and the individuals who help run the organization
- Serve as a TSHA Convention volunteer and experience it from a different point of view
- Build lasting relationships with board members
- Grow as an individual and leader while having fun!
- First-year speech-language pathology graduate students
- First- and second-year audiology graduate students
What are the requirements?
- Be a first-year speech-language pathology or second year audiology graduate student
- Be able to serve a two-year term on the TSHA Executive Board
- Be highly motivated and organized
- Complete the application below (including a video submission)
For additional questions or to connect with a current Graduate Student Representative, please contact email@example.com.