The Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) is a professional membership organization that is the recognized resource in Texas for:
- Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) and speech-language pathology assistants (SLPAs)
- Students of speech-language pathology and audiology
Speech-language pathologists and audiologists are highly educated professionals who provide critical, life-changing help for hundreds of thousands of Texans of all ages and from all walks of life.
Empowering members to provide the highest quality, life-changing care for individuals with communication and related disorders.
Enhancing the Quality of Life for the Individuals We Serve
- Encourage and promote the role of the speech-language pathologist and audiologist as a professional in the delivery of clinical services to persons with communication disorders
- Encourage basic scientific study of processes of individual human communication with special reference to speech, hearing, and language
- Encourage clinical research and the interchange of information among speech-language pathologists and audiologists, and other professionals concerned with human communication and its disorders
- Promote prevention of disorders of human communication
- Provide continuing educational activities and opportunities for professional growth and fellowship
- Promote the highest standards of preparation and practice in speech-language pathology and audiology
- Promote public awareness and influence public opinions concerning the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology and the needs of persons with communication disorders
- Encourage affiliation and cooperation with other persons and organizations having similar interests and objectives through legislative and professional advocacy