- Student representative qualifications shall include:
- TSHA member as well as local and national NSSLHA
- Available to serve a two-year term
- Must be a student in an accredited speech-language pathology or audiology program
2. Applicants must submit a cover letter specifying their interest in serving on the board and include a current resume. Two (2) letters of support or recommendation from faculty members are also needed.
*Instruct faculty members to send letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to TSHA (2025 M Street NW, Suite 800 | Washington, DC 20036)
3. Student representative’s responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain contact with one student representative from each university program. Student representatives divide the Texas universities and contact their assigned universities a minimum of two times per year.
- Help solicit student volunteers for TSHA events at convention.
- Attend all executive board meetings, fully prepared to give an oral report and provide a written report outlining current activities and issues of students’ concerns.
- Submit expenses for travel and meals as covered by TSHA reimbursement policies.
- Write one article each issue for the Communicologist with news that pertains to students.
- Maintain regular contact with the NSSLHA Regional Councilor.
4. Student representatives are required to assist the Student Interest Task Force chair/co-chair in preparing for the Annual Convention by:
- Creating university contacts in the appropriate geographic region and having students volunteer.
- Assisting with the student competition at the annual convention.
- Participating in other activities as designated by the Student Interest Task Force Chair.