Private SLP for Single Family with Talent Architects
A Fort Worth, TX family is looking for a private SLP to assist their two 13-year old girls. The core of the role will be helping create a home school environment for the two girls that mimics the type of highly specialized “Shelton School” type of teaching environment. The new instructor will be working as part of a team with a highly experienced 30-year Speech-Language Pathologist and former head of The University of North Texas’ SLP department, developing and implementing a highly individualized curriculum (middle school level) that integrates developmental learning skills and academic content for the girls in a home school environment.
We are looking for candidates with five to ten years of experience, in speech-language pathology, academic language therapy, occupational therapy, and/or special education. Someone with the relevant age level experience would be ideal.
Total compensation will be increased up to 10% over current compensation based on experience, plus benefits. Relocation assistance provided.
Your work will include:
- Creating tailored instruction for each student to ensure content mastery in all subject areas
- Measuring growth in individuals’ strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinating with family throughout each workday
- Connecting with other teachers, tutors, and extra-curricular instructors
The successful candidate will:
- Have 5-10 years of experience among the above-mentioned fields
- Have a B.S./M.S. from a top university
- Have had a 3.5 GPA
- Be willing to work for 2+ years with the family
- Have a good Texas tie
- Be a great teacher/therapist; classroom management is not part of this job
Why this is an incredible opportunity:
- You get the opportunity to directly impact the lives of two students
- Excellent pay and benefits
- The experience. Not only will the family ensure that you have all the resources you need to provide an effective learning environment for their students at home, but you might also have opportunities to accompany the family on various world-wide travels, during which you are able to provide tailored experiential instruction. One on staff tutor was actually able to travel with the family to Finland to see the Northern Lights.
- The connections. You will be working with a very well-connected family; opportunities for your career after working here will be limitless.
The successful candidate will:
• Have 5-10 years of experience among the above-mentioned fields
• B.A. from top university
• Have had a 3.5 GPA; SAT score above 2040 (or 1400 on new scale)
• Be willing to work for 2+ years with the family
• Have a good Texas tie
• Be a great teacher; classroom management is not part of this job
Talent Architects is a retained executive search firm that has an exclusive relationship with a Texas based multi-billion dollar investment firm. Talent Architects provides comprehensive human capital solutions for the firm and its portfolio companies. With over 30 years of combined search experience, Talent Architects ably services the recruitment needs spanning from mid-level management to the Chairman of the Board at the firm's portfolio companies. For the firm itself, Talent Architects has sourced candidates from accounting clerks to senior managing directors of multi billion dollar portfolios.
Hyperlink or contact information to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your information to: