Why is Legislation Important to TSHA and to YOU?
- Legislation affects our professions!
- Legislation can provide funds for student loan repayment for SLPs and audiologists employed in Texas public schools
- Legislation affects reimbursement for services
- Legislation affects who provides services
- Legislation affects how services are provided
- Legislation can affect quality of services
- Legislation can affect consumer access to services
- Legislation affects licensure
For legislators to make informed decisions about our professions and our consumers it takes all of us educating them about what speech-language pathologists and audiologists do and the impact we have on the lives of our consumers.
TSHA has a legislative team in place to help support and guide you in our grassroots efforts!