TSHA Leadership Academy
The TSHA Leadership Academy is a leadership training program for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists in the state of Texas. The mission of this program is to produce trained and empowered leaders to assume leadership positions in their workplace and professional organizations.
Leadership Training Topics
- What is leadership and the Transformational Leadership Model?
- What is your Leadership style?
- Motivating/guiding others
- Forming effective groups
- Conflict management
- Organizational accountability
- Blending leadership with other life demands
- Beginning information on strategic planning, goal-setting, budgets, meeting planning/facilitation
Variety of Training Formats
- Face-to-Face Trainings (Saturday/Sunday meeting in September and March)
- Book reviews with online discussions (summer and winter)
M&Ms! “Mentor Match Moments”- Each participant will be paired with a current TSHA Leader in a volunteer area of interest throughout the Leadership Academy
- Group project to learn more about TSHA and to contribute to the Association (winter)
- Each participant will be required to participate in a TSHA committee for 1 year after completion of the TSHA Leadership Academy
- July and August: Book review with moderated online discussions
- September or October: Face-to-Face meeting Saturday to Sunday
- November to February: Book review with moderated online discussions and completion of group projects
- February or March: Face-to-Face meeting Saturday to Sunday in conjunction with the TSHA Annual Convention in Austin
Participants will not pay a registration fee for the TSHA Leadership Academy. Overnight hotel stays will be paid by TSHA, but travel to the two meetings (Dallas in the fall and to the meeting held the Saturday/Sunday after the TSHA Convention) will be the responsibility of the participant. Each participant will also have to purchase the 2 books for the book reviews.
The TSHA Leadership Academy will accept 25 participants and applicants.
Applications need to include the application form, two recommendation letters, essay and résumé. Application materials are due to TSHA no later than April 15. Contact email@example.com with questions on the TSHA Leadership Academy or on the application process.