TSHA Leadership Academy
The TSHA Leadership Academy (TLA) is a program designed to facilitate the development of leaders in the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA) and the Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation (TSHF).
- To increase the number of individuals willing to serve in a leadership role in TSHA and/or TSHF
- To increase awareness among cohort members of the TSHA organization and the importance of leaders in TSHA and TSHF
- To provide multiple opportunities for cohort members to acquire and apply information on leadership in TSHA and TSHF
- To provide opportunities for cohort members to serve in a volunteer capacity in TSHA
Expectations of Cohort Participants
- To actively participate in all TLA activities, including attendance at all face-to-face meetings
- To complete assignments in a timely manner
- To volunteer to serve on a TSHA or TSHF committee, task force, or project
- To provide feedback on experiences in the TLA
Leadership Training Topics
- Leadership and leadership styles
- Leadership tools such as motivating/guiding others, delegation, forming effective groups,
- Strategic planning, goal-setting, budgets, meeting planning/facilitation
- TSHA organizational and operational structure, budget and strategic plan
- Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Foundation
- Book reviews with discussions at face-to-face meetings
- Interactional presentations
- Small group/table discussions and activities
- Large group discussions
Each cohort member will be paired with a current TSHA Leader in a volunteer area of interest throughout the Leadership Academy
Each participant will be required to participate in a TSHA or TSHF committee while participating in the TSHA Leadership Academy
Saturday of 2018 TSHA convention
Saturday/Sunday, October 2018
Saturday of 2019 TSHA convention
Participants will not pay a registration fee for the TSHA Leadership Academy. Travel and overnight hotel stays will be paid by TSHA for the October 2018 meeting. Travel and lodging to the two meetings held in association with the 2017 and 2018 conventions will be the responsibility of the participant. Each participant's convention registration will be covered at the 2017 and 2018 convention. Each participant will also have to purchase the 2 books for the book reviews.
The TSHA Leadership Academy will accept no more than 25 cohort members. Applicants must have completed their clinical fellowship term.
The 2018 Application process is now closed.