Empowering members to provide the highest quality, life-changing care for individuals with communication and related disorders.
The Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association is a dynamic professional organization and is the recognized resource for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and consumers in the state.
- Encourage and promote the role of the speech-language pathologist and audiologist as a professional in the delivery of clinical services to persons with communication disorders
- Encourage basic scientific study of processes of individual human communication with special reference to speech, hearing, and language
- Encourage clinical research and the interchange of information among speech-language pathologists and audiologists, and other professionals concerned with human communication and its disorders
- Promote prevention of disorders of human communication
- Provide continuing educational activities and opportunities for professional growth and fellowship
- Promote the highest standards of preparation and practice in speech-language pathology and audiology
- Promote public awareness and influence public opinions concerning the professions of speech-language pathology and audiology and the needs of persons with communication disorders
- Encourage affiliation and cooperation with other persons and organizations having similar interests and objectives through legislative and professional advocacy