TSHA Member Benefits
As a member of TSHA, you receive the following benefits as a part of your annual TSHA membership:
- TSHA CE Registry - View your continuing education credits online through the TSHA website. When you attend a TSHA approved course, the hours you earn will be posted on a special page made available to you to print and send to the State Board of Examiners. This benefit is available ONLY to TSHA members!
- Publications- TSHA offers several informative publications to its membership each year. As a TSHA member, you will receive all of these publications at no charge. TSHA's e-zine, the Communicologist, is published six times annually and includes current professional news, legislative updates, member news, upcoming events, continuing education opportunities, and much more! Published biweekly, the TSHA Talk e-newsletter provides TSHA members with timely information related to TSHA news, the latest in research breakthroughs, national and state policy updates, and mainstream media stories of interest to the professions. TSHA Capitol Watch is published as needed and provides TSHA members with a synopsis of state legislative and regulatory activity impacting the professions.
- Continuing Education - TSHA's Continuing Education and Convention Committees work throughout the year to provide you with a challenging variety of seminars and workshops to help you maintain your Texas state license and your ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC). ASHA will accept your TSHA registry as proof of your CEUs! Remember that conference registration fees are considerably reduced for TSHA members.
- Speech Impairment Eligibility Guidelines -All of the SI Eligibility Guideline
trainingsare available as recorded webcasts online, along with the manuals and training handouts. SLPs can request 2 hours of TSHA continuing education credit for each of these trainings. The cost is free for TSHA members.
- Online Ethics Course - Complete your TDLR-mandated ethics requirements for license renewal by participating in online courses from TSHA. The TSHA eLearning platform currently offers two ethics courses to choose from: Ethics Evolution: What's New; and Ethics in Audiology: Implications for Billing, Coding, Reimbursement, and Documentation. TSHA members can participate in these courses at the reduced rate of just $40 each!
- Legislative Advocacy - The TSHA monitors administrative and legislative issues that affect you and your job. Issues such as reimbursement, quality of service delivery, and licensure.
- Career Awareness Information - TSHA acknowledges that there is a shortage of speech-language pathologists and audiologists in Texas. To encourage students to pursue careers in the professions TSHA has developed an information kit complete with brochures, powerpoint and a short
- Public Information Exhibit- TSHA now has a Pop-Up-Banner PIE Exhibit available to members at no cost. Shipping cost for the PIE exhibit will be paid by TSHA.
- Online Membership Directory - Ability to search for members by name, city, professional setting, and/or employer. Search results include name, city, email, professional setting, employer, and phone numbers.
- Scholarship, Research Grants, and Service Awards - Members of TSHA may be eligible to apply for certain Scholarship, Research Grants, and Service Awards offered through the TSH Foundation.
- TSHA Regional Seminar Grants - The purpose of the grant is to allow regional associations, other local associations, or student organizations (such as the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association [NSSLHA]) to defray expenses incurred in providing a regional seminar for speech-language pathologists and/or audiologists. Grant recipients are awarded $500 for supporting the TSHA mission of education and the advancement of the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- And so much more!
Life Members : Life Members are those members of the Association who have served as President of the Association, or, those persons who, upon recommendation of the Honors Committee, have been awarded Life Membership to the Association, or those persons 65 years of age and over who have been Active or Associate Members in good standing for the twenty years preceding application for Life Membership. Life Members who were Active Members prior to becoming a Life Member will continue as full voting members. Life Members receive all the benefits of membership without the need to pay annual dues. Please note that approval is required for this membership level. To join as a Lifetime Member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, what are you waiting for?
Join TSHA today and begin enjoying the many benefits of membership, and the knowledge that you are supporting the professions.
Already a member?
Renew your membership today and continue enjoying all of the great member benefits.