TSHA Member Benefits
As a member of TSHA, you receive the following benefits as a part of your annual TSHA membership:
- TSHA CE Registry - View your continuing education credits online through the TSHA website. When you attend a TSHA approved course, the hours you earn will be posted on a special page made available to you to print and send to the State Board of Examiners. This benefit is available ONLY to TSHA members!
- Publications - The TSHA offers informative publications to its membership each year! As a TSHA member you will receive all of these publications at no charge.- The TSHA's newsletter, the Communicologist is published 6 times annually and includes current professional news, legislative updates, member news, continuing Education calendars and events, and much more!- Matt Learns to Read, TSHA members are entitled to 25 copies for their personal use. Available in English and Spanish. Must submit the registration form available on the TSHA website in order to receive books.
- Continuing Education - TSHA's Continuing Education and Convention Committees work throughout the year to provide you with a challenging variety of seminars and workshops to help you maintain your Texas state license and your ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC). ASHA will accept your TSHA registry as proof of your CEUs! Remember that conference registration fees are considerably reduced for TSHA members.
- Speech Impairment Eligibility Guidelines -All of the SI Eligibility Guideline trainings are available as recorded webcasts online, along with the manuals and training handouts. SLPs can request 2 hours of TSHA continuing education credit for each of these trainings. The cost is free for TSHA members.
- Online Ethics Course - This course presents the ethical issues information covered by the Code of Ethics from the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Member price: $40.00; Non-member price: $75.00.
- Legislative Advocacy - The TSHA monitors administrative and legislative issues that affect you and your job. Issues such as reimbursement, quality of service delivery, and licensure.
- Career Awareness Information - TSHA acknowledges that there is a shortage of speech-language pathologists and audiologists in Texas. To encourage students to pursue careers in the professions TSHA has developed an information kit complete with brochures, powerpoint and a short 8 minute video.
- Public Information Exhibit- TSHA now has a Pop-Up-Banner PIE Exhibit available to members at no cost. Shipping cost for the PIE exhibit will be paid by TSHA.
- Online Membership Directory - Ability to search for members by name, city, professional setting, and/or employer. Search results include name, city, email, professional setting, employer, and phone numbers.
- Scholarship, Research Grants, and Service Awards - Members of TSHA may be eligible to apply for certain Scholarship, Research Grants, and Service Awards offered through the TSH Foundation.
- TSHA Regional Seminar Grants - The purpose of the grant is to allow regional associations, other local associations, or student organizations (such as the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association [NSSLHA]) to defray expenses incurred in providing a regional seminar for speech-language pathologists and/or audiologists. Grant recipients are awarded $500 for supporting the TSHA mission of education and the advancement of the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology.
- And so much more!
Life Members : Life Members are those members of the Association who have served as President of the Association, or, those persons who, upon recommendation of the Honors Committee, have been awarded Life Membership to the Association, or those persons 65 years of age and over who have been Active or Associate Members in good standing for the twenty years preceding application for Life Membership. Life Members who were Active Members prior to becoming a Life Member will continue as full voting members. Life Members receive all the benefits of membership without the need to pay annual dues. Please note that approval is required for this membership level. To join as a Lifetime Member, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Members : In addition the above benefits, students receive special student-only membership benefits! Student membership is only $25 per year, and student member Convention registration is only $30! Potential members in or during their Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY) who were not student members of TSHA will receive a 25% active membership discount on their dues with documentation from the CF Supervisor stating that they are supervising the CFY. Students who have been members of the Association for 1 year will receive a 50% discount on their first year active or associate member dues. Students who have been members for 2 years will receive a 100% discount on their first year active or associate member dues. Please contact email@example.com for a discount code to renew your membership.
So, what are you waiting for?
Join TSHA today and begin enjoying the many benefits of membership, and the knowledge that you are supporting the professions.
Already a member?
Renew your membership today and continue enjoying all of the great member benefits.