This Call for Papers (CFP) contains the form for submission to the TSHA 57th Annual Convention to be held at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas Texas March 7-9, 2013 as well as a complete set of instructions to assist in your submission.
All Call for Papers submissions must include the
The Program Committee will use this information to review and select quality programming for the
- the completed Call for Papers form,
- three learner outcomes,
To follow ASHA guidelines you must state: "As a result of this presentation the participant will be
Please incorporate easy to measure action verbs such as perform, identify, or list.
Please do not include verbs that are difficult to measure such as understand, become
familiar with, learn, or appreciate.
- an abstract (no more than 50 words)
- a program summary and description (no more than 750 words), and
- a list of 3-5 references and/or practices which shows the supporting evidence behind your topic (please number each).
- a completed submission and disclosure policy form for each presenter (the disclosure policy form will be emailed to you)
The submission deadline for Call for Papers is Friday, August 10, 2012.
By submitting a paper for the TSHA Convention, I explicitly agree that:
- Individuals submitting or included within this
proposal have agreed to be present in Dallas during the
time and date assigned to the presentation at the TSHA 2013
Convention. Your convention registration is
NOT included with your invitation to speak/present.
- The individual submitting this proposal and signing this form agrees to
receive all conference correspondence and accepts responsibility for conveying conference-related
information to co-presenters. Only three co-presenters, along with one primary speaker, shall be listed
for any one session. Any more than four co-presenters will be indicated as a "panel."
- The individual submitting or included within this proposal affirm that they have followed ethical guidelines in regards to:
- Appropriate "Releases of Confidential Information" were obtained for all client materials that will be used or recorded as part of this presentation. The responsibility for protecting client confidentiality rests with the presenter(s).
- Appropriate research procedures concerning protection of human subjects and confidentiality were utilized in any research-based presentations.
- Written permission from copyright holders for the use of any previously published material in your presentation or handouts was obtained.
- Appropriate evidence to support any claims related to efficacy, validity, or reliability of approaches to assessment or treatment will be provided.
- Individuals submitting or included within this proposal will disclose to the TSHA any financial or nonfinancial relationship that creates a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest, as defined in ASHA's guidelines concerning transparency and disclosure by filling out and submitting the appropriate disclosure forms. Furthermore individuals submitting this proposal:
- Agree that they will be responsible for getting each presenter to submit a completed disclosure policy form.
- Agree to inform the TSHA if a disclosable interest related to the content of this presentation develops or is acquired at any time before Convention.
- Will disclose relevant financial and nonfinancial relationships on site in formats specified by the TSHA.
- Will, when discussing a specific product or service, offer information on its theoretical framework, relevant evidence, and operational details; disclose in advance if your presentation will not address the range of competing products or services; and refrain from overt selling.
- Agree to refrain from attempting to persuade attendees to purchase or use a specific product, service, piece of equipment, or device. Products cannot be ordered or sold before, during or after the presentation.
- Individuals submitting or included within this proposal will refrain from overt statements or pointed humor that disparages the rightful dignity and social equity of any person or group.
- Permission is given to the TSHA to take photographs and to publish them at TSHA's sole discretion in any format.
- Prior approval will be obtained from the TSHA to distribute surveys or collect data at the convention.
- Other than audiovisual equipment indicated on this submission, the presenter(s) will be responsible for audiovisual equipment requests/changes, or may bring their own equipment. Laptops must be brought by presenter and will not be provided. All projectors and AV equipment are PC compatible. Mac users MUST bring appropriate converter/adaptor cords. Converter/adaptor cords will not be provided onsite.
Approval of presentation does not imply the TSHA endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.